Read the Australian Tax Transparency statement
Read Arrium's 2015 Sustainability Report.
Please find attached the 2015 AGM Presentation
Please find attached Arrium's Steel and Recycling Tour Presentations conducted in October 2015
Please find attached Arrium's Mining Quarterly Report for the quarter ending 30 September 2015.
• Sales and shipments 2.09Mt (dmt) and 2.20Mt (dmt) respectively.
• Average Platts market index price (62% Fe CFR) US$55/dmt, down US$3/dmt on prior quarter
• Average realised price ~US$48/t CFR (dmt), a decrease of US$4/t on prior quarter
• Average realised price ~A$66/t CFR (dmt), a decrease of A$1/t on prior quarter
• Average realised price equivalent to ~87% of average Platts market index price (62% Fe CFR)
• Average grade of shipments 58.4% Fe, in line with guidance
• Average cash cost loaded on ship A$34.1/wmt1, below FY16 target of A$35/wmt1 and down A$9.1/wmt on prior quarter
• Average total cash cost (CFR China) A$57.4/dmt2, down A$4.8/dmt on prior quarter
• Targeted FY16 average cash breakeven iron ore price of ~US$47/dmt3
2015 Annual Report
The Arrium Annual Report reviews the performance of the company over the 2015 financial year.
This financial year was a challenging one for the company, as well as other companies exposed to the resources sector, and it delivered an underlying net loss after tax (NPAT) for the year of $7 million. Statutory NPAT was $1,918 million, after including asset impairments and restructuring costs of $1,799 million, largely related to the impact of lower iron ore prices. Also included is $113 million of tax adjustments and other charges.
Across our businesses, strong and increased earnings in Mining Consumables, as well as improved earnings in Steel, were more than offset by a 40% fall in average iron ore prices compared to the prior year. Our business focus is on what we can control, including lowering the company’s cost base, better positioning our businesses to increase earnings and cash generation, as well as initiatives for strengthening the balance sheet. The actions already taken, as well as those in progress, will better position the company for the future.
Australian Steel Institute Convention
Arrium Limited - Full Year 2015 Results Presentation
Download your copy of Arrium's 2014 Sustainability Report 2014.
The Arrium Annual Report reviews the performance of the company over the 2014 financial year.
The company delivered an underlying net profit after tax (NPAT) for the year of $296 million1, compared to $162 million2 for the prior year. Statutory NPAT was $205 million compared to a loss of $701 million for the prior year, and included restructuring costs of $36 million, asset impairments of $8 million, tax adjustments of $28 million and $19 million associated with the discontinuance of the Steel Transformation Plan.
The $134 million increase in underlying NPAT was primarily due to stronger earnings in the Mining business as it achieved record export iron ore sales of 12.5 million tonnes, following completion mid last year of its expansion to double sales and the capacity of the company’s wholly owned Port at Whyalla, South Australia.
Welcome to Arrium’s Sustainability Report for the year ended 30 June 2013.
2013 was a transitional year for the company and one in which we continued to deliver on our strategic commitments. This included doubling the size of our Mining business on time and on budget, continued strong growth in our Mining Consumables business and further improvement in the Steel business.
The expansion of our Mining business included many significant milestones, including: commencing the sale of first ores from Southern Iron in October, only 53 weeks after “turning first dirt”; receiving and transhipping first ores from Southern Iron through the expanded Whyalla Port in December; and then receipt in May of first ores from the Middleback Ranges mines on the new narrow gauge rail for blending with Southern Iron ores
The Arrium Annual Report reviews the performance of the company over the 2013 financial year.
The company delivered an underlying net profit after tax of $168 million. Statutory net profit after tax was a loss of $695 million, and includes asset impairments and restructuring costs of $961 million.
A significant contributor to the extent of the asset impairment charge for the year was the decision to hold the non-integrated Steel businesses for sale.
Strategically, Arrium continued to deliver on its commitments in relation to growing the Mining and Mining Consumables businesses and to improving the performance of the Steel business.
Welcome to our sixth Environmental and Social Responsibility Report. This report aims to highlight the numerous challenges and successes of the 18-month period from January 2011 to the end of June 2012 in terms of social, environmental and business outcomes. It is part of increasing our transparency and ensuring our key stakeholders – particularly the local community – can keep track of the progress we are making each year.
The launch of this report follows our change of company name to Arrium to reflect we are now a broader mining and materials company. At the local level, this has seen our Mining business become known as Arrium Mining, while the Steelworks has retained its OneSteel Whyalla Steelworks brand.
Please note: this is a large file so please allow up to several minutes for it to download. Should you experience any difficulties downloading the report, please contact Media and Communications Manager Sean Kelly at email@example.com
Most readers will be aware that the company changed its name from OneSteel to Arrium effective 2 July this year, following overwhelming support from shareholders at an Extraordinary General Meeting held in May. The change of name reflects that the company is no longer a domestically focused steel manufacturer and distributor, but an international mining and materials company with three key businesses: Arrium Mining, Arrium Mining Consumables and OneSteel Steel & Recycling.
While the year has seen significant change for the company, sustainability continues to be integral to our thinking and the way we do business. Further, our two core values of “safety” and “customer” remain at the forefront of everything we do.
Arrium Limited (previously OneSteel Limited), is an international diversified mining and materials company with three key businesses: Arrium Mining, Arrium Mining Consumables and OneSteel Steel & Recycling.
On 2 July 2012, the company changed from OneSteel Limited to Arrium Limited following approval by shareholders at an Extraordinary General Meeting held on 8 May 2012. The change of name reflects the company's transformation from a domestic manufacturer of long steel products and distributor of steel products throughout Australia and New Zealand, to what it is today, an international diversified mining and materials company.
This is OneSteel’s second Sustainability Report following its transition to a more comprehensive, standalone report last year to provide stakeholders with a greater level of information on the company’s approach to sustainability. The report relates to activities and outcomes for the 2011 financial year and incorporates the Global Reporting Initiative framework and principles, and focuses on the key areas of Safety and People; Customer and Market; Environment; Community; and Economics.
Please find attached Arrium's Mining Quarterly Production Report, quarter ending 30 June 2015.
Please find attached Arrium's Mining Quarterly Production Report, quarter ending March 2015.
Please find attached Arrium's Mining Quarterly Report, quarter ending December 2014.
• Record shipments of 3.45Mt (dmt), up 0.29Mt on prior quarter
• Sales of 3.29Mt (dmt), down 0.03Mt on prior quarter
• Achieved targeted annualised sales rate of 13Mtpa
• Average Platts market index price (62% Fe CFR) US$90/dmt, down US$12/dmt on prior quarter
• Average realised price ~US$73/t CFR (dmt), down US$12/t on prior quarter
• Average realised price ~A$78/t CFR (dmt), down A$14/t on prior quarter
• Average grade of shipments 59.9% Fe, average for prior quarter 59.6% Fe
• Average cash cost loaded on ship A$45.6/wmt1, down from A$45.9/wmt1 in prior quarter and A$49/wmt in prior corresponding period
• Total cash cost A$68.4/dmt2, down from ~A$73/dmt2 average for the prior year
• Significant focus on cost reductions and supply chain efficiencies
• Re-development of Iron Knob Mining Area continues to progress in line with schedule and budget
Arrium’s 2014 Ore Reserves and Mineral Resources Statement released on 19 August 2014.
• Shipments of 3.16Mt (dmt), up 0.13Mt on prior quarter
• Record sales of 3.32Mt (dmt), up 0.13Mt on prior quarter
• Record full year shipments of 12.5Mt (dmt), up 4.4Mt on prior year
• Annualised shipment rate of ~13Mt (dmt) expected to be achieved in 1Q FY15
• Average Platts market index price (62% Fe CFR) US$103/dmt, down US$18/dmt on prior quarter
• Average realised price ~US$85/t CFR (dmt), down US$25/t on prior quarter
• Average grade of shipments 59.6% Fe, average for full year 59.9% Fe
• Average cash cost loaded on ship A$45.9/wmt1, down from A$47.4/wmt1 in prior period
• New tug fleet commissioned May – greater operational weather resilience and faster barge towage
• Re-development of Iron Knob Mining Area progressing in line with schedule and budget
• Completed ramp up of Magnetite expansion project
• Shipments of 3.03Mt (dmt), up 54% from 1.97Mt (dmt) pcp despite some significant adverse
• Record year to date shipments of 9.3Mt (dmt), up 73% from 5.4Mt (dmt) pcp
• Average Platts 62% Fe CFR market index price US$120/dmt, down from US$135/dmt prior quarter
• Average realised price US$110/dmt CFR, down US$17/dmt on prior quarter, reflects lower market
prices and the impact of price adjustments on prior period shipments (Australian dollar average
realised price $123/dmt CFR).
• Average realised FOB price US$95/dmt, down US$16/dmt (Australian dollar average realised FOB
price $106/dmt) on prior quarter.
• Average cash cost loaded on ship A$47.4/wmt1 – favourable to guidance of ~A$50/wmt
• Mining at Iron Knob area progressing to plan
• Commissioning and ramp up of Magnetite project progressing well
• Record shipments of 3.16Mt (dmt) for quarter, up 0.04Mt on prior quarter and 74% or 1.35Mt pcp
• Record shipments of 6.3Mt (dmt) for half – on track for FY14 guidance of ~12Mt
• Average Platts 62% Fe CFR market index price US$135/dmt, up US$2/dmt on the prior quarter.
• Average realised price ~US$111/t FOB (dmt), down US$2/t – increased sea freight cost
• Price recovery compared to the Platts 62% Fe at historical high level of 94% for the quarter
• Benefits from Opal Blend and Whyalla Blend products
• Average cash cost loaded on ship A$49.80/wmt1 – in line with guidance.
• Recommenced mining at Iron Knob
• Completed $86 million magnetite project on time and on budget
• Record quarterly shipments of 3.13Mt (dmt) up 0.4Mt on prior quarter and up 1.5Mt or 94% on the
prior corresponding quarter
• The new higher capacity ship loader at the Inner Harbour was successfully commissioned mid-
July and achieved its designed rate of 4,200tph within the first week of operations
• Successful commissioning of new locomotives and wagons resulted in record railings of ore in the
• Current run rate supports full year volume guidance of 12Mt.
• The Platts 62% Fe CFR market index price averaged US$133/dmt, up US$7/dmt on the prior
• Arrium’s average realised price was ~US$113/t FOB (dmt), up US$9/t on the prior quarter
• Average cash cost loaded on ship ~A$49/wmt1 in line with guidance
• The port expansion at the Inner Harbour was officially opened by Tom Koutsantonis MP, SA
Minister for Mineral Resources and Energy on 30 July.
• Civil works in preparation for the recommencement of mining at the Iron Knob Mining Area later in
the year started in July
Please find attached a copy of Arrium's first half results for FY15
• Record EBITDA and cash
• $407 million reduction in net debt and leverage ratio improved to 2x
• Benefits of growth investments in Mining and Mining Consumables
• Substantial lift in earnings
• Record cash outcome
• Sales revenue $3,643 million, up 7% on 1H13
• Underlying EBITDA $503 million, up 97% on 1H13 – record 1H result
• Statutory EBITDA $499 million, up 106% on 1H13
• Record 1H cash outcome
• Strong statutory operating cash flow of $344 million
• Good progress with divestments – proceeds $117m in 1H14
• Significant progress on reducing debt and improving leverage ratio
• Substantial improvement in underlying leverage ratio to 2.3x (CY13)
• Underlying EPS 14.8c, up 279% from 3.9c 1H13
• Statutory EPS 16.2c, up from loss of 33.2c 1H13
• Record Mining EBITDA of $423 million, up 220% on 1H13 – Mining expansion benefits
• Mining Consumables continued to deliver strong earnings and cash
• Steel EBITDA and cash positive despite ongoing weakness in domestic demand
• Strong earnings from Mining – EBITDA $340 million
• Continued strong earnings growth from Mining Consumables – EBITDA $197 million, up 15% pcp
• Maintained underlying positive EBITDA and cash performance in Steel despite further deterioration in domestic and international steel markets
• Strong statutory operating cash outcome of $590 million
• Net debt reduced after capital expenditure of $459 million (includes $218 million Mining expansion expenditure)
• Continued strong earnings growth from Mining Consumables – EBITDA $100 million
• Solid cash outcome
• Strong earnings from Mining despite ~$75-85 millionv NPAT impact from significantly lower iron ore prices compared to 1H12
• Steel businesses maintained improved performance from 2H12 despite deterioration ininternational steel markets
• Raised $72 million from divestments
• Net debt reduced after capital expenditure of $259 million (includes $201 million Mining expenditure)
Detailed financials results for the first half of the financial year in 2013.
Mining and materials group, Arrium Limited (ASX:ARI) announced today that underlying net profit after tax (NPAT) for the year ended 30 June 2012 was $195 million compared to $235 million for the prior financial year, in line with guidance provided by the company in July of more than $190 million. Statutory NPAT for the year was $58 million compared to $230 million for the prior financial year and includes a write down of property, plant and equipment and intangible assets of $125 million, which includes the LiteSteelTM Technologies impairment charge from the first half of the financial year.
Arrium Steel Site Tour Presentation - 21 Oct 2014